Splash Page is a landing page of your website. Designers use splash pages:
- to direct users to the appropriate website for their country or language preference;
- as an additional form of advertising;
- to restrict access to content such as pornography, alcohol advertising or sales, or gambling;
- as an aesthetic complement to the main page;
- To grab someone's attention to take them to a page with more details usually for a product that they are selling.
And Content Page is a regular page where you can place your main website information.