This Guide will help you to create a Googe Map API key you can use with improved Google Map widget. Due to recent Google API policy change you need to assign your card or bank account to your Google account. As of 08.13.2018 you are not charged by Google for creation of billing account and you are are awarded a $300 bonus for 12 month you can use for Google services but as this service is provided by Google these terms are subject to change by Google. Please follow these steps to get Googe Map API key
1) First you need to open Google Cloud Platform billing page by using this link.
2) At this page you need to click on Create button at the middle of the page.
3) It will redirect you to a new page where you can create a project that you will be using for your map. You just need to type in any name you want to use and click on Create button.
4) It will take a few seconds to create a project for you. Once it is created you will see a popup that will offer you to create a billing account with Google. Please click on Create Billing Account button to proceed further.
5) You will be redirected to consent page where you can select whether you want to get notifications from Google and agree with Terms of Service from Google. Once it is done you can click on Agree and Continue button.
6) Next page will request your personal information. There you can select whether you want to register as business or regular user and fill in your personal information.
7) At the bottom of this page you also need to specify your billing information(debit/credit card or bank account) to assign it to your account. Once all fields are filled in, you need to click on Start My Free Trial button.
8) It will take some time to create an account but once it is done you will see a popup that confirms that your Billing account is created.
9) Now you can close this page and you need to open Google Maps API page in Google Cloud Platform by using this link.
11) It will redirect you to a page where you need to click on Enable button.
12) This action will redirect you to a page where you need to click on Credentials tab
13) In this tab you need to expand Create credential button and click on API key option.
14) Once it is done you will see a popup with your API key you need to copy and save for future use.
15) Once API key is created you need to enable additional service from Google for your map. You can do it by opening this page.
16) On new page you have opened you need to click on Enable button.
17) This action will redirect you to section where you need to select a project where you want to assign this service to. Please select a project you have created in step 3 of this guide and click on Continue button.
18) You will be redirected to Geocoding API main page again where you need to click on Enable button again.
19) Now you account is set up to work with Improved Google map and you can add your API key to your widget in control panel.