In order to keep your MotoCMS 3 GDPR compliant website, you need to keep track of few main points. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was adopted in the European Union and became law on May 25, 2018. This rule applies in two key areas: reporting on data violations and protecting design data.
The GDPR influences any organization that conducts business with an organization or an individual of the EU. Organizations outside the EU that collect and process personal data of European citizens are subject to compliance with the law.
MotoCMS 3 GDPR Compliant Website - Cookie Notification
You need to keep Cookie Notification always enabled that informs you visitors that this website collect Cookie information to keep pleasant user experience.
Alternatively you can create cookies notification by using automated popup. In order to do it you need to follow these steps:
- First you need to create a popup.
- Then you need to design it according to your liking and add a text you want to use. You should also add a button widget to it and set it up to open your home page. This button should be named with text like "I agree" or any other approval.
- Once your popup is ready you need open your home page and add a Popup widget to it(it automatically opens a popups)
- You should setup this widget to open a popup you just created and set it up so it appears over time without any delays and it should appear only once per session.
- Once this is setup your popup will appear for the visitor for the first time the open your website and once they click on "I agree" button they will be redirected to your home page without any popup notifications.
MotoCMS 3 GDPR Compliant Website - Agreement Сheckbox
MotoCMS 3 GDPR Compliant Website - Consent Withdraw Opportunity
Additionally you should think of a way for your visitors to withdraw their consent and ask you to remove their contact data. We can recommend you to create button or a link that opens a separate page/popup with contact form and by filling in this contact form your visitors can withdraw any consent they gave you earlier. Usually it is achieved by following these steps:
- First you need to create a page or popup by using create page/popup buttons. We will use popup as example
- Next you should name it so it can be understandable for you and your visitors and click on "Add" button
- Once new page/popup is created you need to design it according to your preferences and add a contact form to it
- You need to set up this contact form to collect all information you need to remove the data you have(for example why you customer wants to remove this information and other questions)
- Once you are satisfied with page/popup design and content, you need to open one of your main pages and add a button widget to it. We recommend to use a home page and it is the most common place where you visitors will look for such action.
- After it you need to set up you button to open a page/popup you have created earlier
This is only an example on how this system can be set up but you can create your own way for your visitors to withdraw their consent.
MotoCMS 3 GDPR Compliant Website - Third-Party Software
In case you are using a third party tool for your GDPR compliant website, you need to make sure that it does not collect any information or it has a specific consent field that needs to be filled in by a visitor. But if third party software is doing something illegal, then it is your business’ responsibility as the Data Controller to make it compatible by adding notifications or switch to other software that does not collect any data without visitors consent.
You can use Google Analytics and Google Webmasters to analyse your website and activity on it. Google Webmasters does not collect any visitor data at all. While Google Analytics collects only anonymous information that does not contain any personal data of the visitor so it does not contradict the GDPR law.