1. HTML MotoCMS Installation
Important! Source files are not provided for this product.
Please make sure that your server configuration fully meets the software requirements:
- PHP 5.4.04+, 5.5.09+, 5.6.0+, 7.0+, 7.1.3-7.1.x
If you are unsure whether your server meets these requirements, please contact your hosting provider for additional information.
If your hosting provider doesn't support such requirements or you still do not have a hosting provider - we may recommend you to get it with our recommended hosting company Inmotion Hosting, which fully support all requirements of our templates. You can reach them directly by following this link: Inmotion Hosting.
Also, you may consider using hosting services provided by our partner BlueHost. Their servers are also really reliable and don't need any extra adjustment to run MotoCMS. Please check their offers by this link.
In case you want our technicians to install your template to your server and don't want to waste time doing this, you can purchase installation service by following this link. Our support team will be happy to do this for you within 3 hours.
Open your FTP software and set its file transfer mode to binary and active. You should use one of the recommended programs: FileZilla, Cyberduck, WinSCP.
Important! Upload contents from the “site” folder to your server. Please note that you only have to upload the contents of this folder, not the folder itself.
2. First start
To launch the MotoCMS control panel you need to add /admin to the URL of your HTML site. For example, your website is located at www.myhtmlwebsite.com. So to enter your control panel you have to type www.myhtmlwebsite.com/admin in the address bar of your browser.
When you access the MotoCMS control panel for the first time, you will see the application progress bar and a server testing window. A quick setup process will start automatically. If the application fails to download for some reason or you get different errors, please refer to the Typical Errors list.
Important! Your template will activate automatically when you will login for the first time. There is no need in manual activations.
3. Server Test
An automatic server test will start during the first run of the MotoCMS control panel. If there are no errors found, you will be guided through the quick system setup process.
An automatic server test will check if the server meets all the requirements and if it is compatible with MotoCMS. Normally it checks the PHP version installed, PHP extensions are needed and file permissions set. In a case your server does not meet the requirements specified on the template preview page, you can refer the list of possible errors.
4. Possible errors and the ways to solve them
- PHP version is lower than required. This error occurs if the PHP version doesn't satisfy the requirements. In order to work with MotoCMS you will need PHP 5.4+, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0+, 7.1+, 7.2. If the PHP version installed on the server doesn't correspond to the required one, please contact your hosting provider.
- PHP extension is not loaded. This error happens in case if some required PHP extensions are not installed. You need the following extensions to work with MotoCMS:spl, dom, reflection, mcrypt, curl, gd, json. These extensions are used by many scripts and in general are turned on by default. If by some reason something is turned off, please contact your hosting provider with a request to turn on all necessary extensions.
- Maximum upload file size is set lower than required. This error occurs if PHP settings don’t allow uploading files of more than 2 MB. The maximum upload file size is depending on the server's PHP memory settings. MotoCMS itself have absolutely no restrictions for this. Please, contact your hosting provider and ask them if it is possible to increaseupload_max_filesize, post_max_size and memory_limit settings to the values you need.
- Directory or file is not readable or writeable. Some directories and files should be readable and writeable so that MotoCMS could work properly. Please make sure that permissions for the following folders are set to775 (drwxrwxr-x):
Following files should have permissions set to 664 (-rw-rw-r--):
Also, following files should have permissions set to 755 (-rwxr-xr-x):
The rest of the files should have the permissions set to 644 (-rw-r--r--).
The rest of the folders should have the permissions set to 755 (drwxr-xr-x).
If the above permissions will not work, you can try to set 777 (drwxrwxrwx) for directories and .xml files.
The "View Server Information" button runs a file that displays all information about your server and the PHP version. So you can easily verify what options are turned on and off.
If some adjustments need to be performed on the server, the control panel will display a window with instructions on how to do that.
5. Control Panel setup
Normally the first MotoCMS startup leads you to the quick setup process. In order to set up your control panel, please follow the steps below:
1. Welcome to the control panel setup.
2. Choose the control panel language.
3. Create a new user account. You should fill in your user name/login, password and your email that is used to retrieve your account information in case you lose it (if you forget your password, please submit your email address for password retrieval).
4. Enter your website's name – it will be displayed in title of all of the pages of your website.
This quick setup process launches only once after you have used MotoCMS control panel. In other cases the system immediately goes to the login stage.
The wizard should finish without any errors. If you happen to encounter any, please refer to instructions displayed for further information.