Moto CMS Backup Tool is a truly indispensable and easy-to-use data backup utility developed for Moto CMS based websites. The main point is to prevent your website from a devastating loss of data and help you easily recover your data in a case of need. Simply follow these instructions to create the backup copies of your files.
1. Creating a website backup
1. Set permissions for the folder "admin/actions/backup/_backups" to 775. This folder will store your backup files.
2. Log in to your web site’s Admin Panel.
3. Check Web site Preferences and click “Create Backup”. Or go to page: http:// yourdomain.com/admin/actions/backup/
4. Press the "Start Backup" button in order to run the backup process.
5. During this process the CMS Backup Tool will be informing you about its status.
2. Restoring a website from a backup
It won’t make any difficulty for you to restore your files from backup . Extract files from your backup archive and upload them into your HTML Moto CMS website folder on the server via FTP.
Please, don't forget to use binary mode when uploading files. If you are unsure about how to enable binary mode, please take a look at this article.
3. Updating an HTML CMS based website
1. Go to http://accounts.motocms.com/ and log into your Moto CMS account.
2. Under the My Product tab you can see the available updates, either major updates or patches.
3. After pressing the Update button you will get an e-mail with the download link. Download this archive. (In case you want to download a patch, the link will be generated at once.)
4. Extract files from the archive and upload them into your Moto CMS HTML website folder on the server using FTP (Please make sure you are using binary mode while transfer files via FTP).
5. Set permissions for the admin/xml/system.xml file to 664.
6. Once you log into your control panel, the CMS system updater will start a checkup on your website. Once it is successfully completed, you will be able to update your files.
If there are any errors detected during the checkup, please fix them or contact our Support Team.
7. Once the update process is successfully completed, you may launch your control panel.